Re: [orca-list] Installing dectalk with Orca

Hello what dectalk do you have, because I have dectalk version 4.6 What i had to do was exstract the tar
file, and edit files.sh to point the install path to /usr.
after installing dectalk I installed the gnome-speech package wich is labled gnome-speech-dectalk
and this didn't work no orca support at all.
I think the gnome-speech-package is broke in the repos or something
failing this I ran the test application for dectalk, and that worked
I install speech-dispatcher and dectalk works through that also.
I didn't want to recompile gnome-speech for fear of break my sound as was mentioned on the orca wiki.
I hope this helps.
Farhan
On 8/12/2008 at 7:26 Jason White said