Re: [orca-list] Installing dectalk with Orca

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:40:45PM -0500, dave wrote:
I would like to get an alternative synth aside from Espeak, I've got
dectalk, and am going to compile it in, I was then wondering what orca
dependencies were needed to have it recognized?

Gnome-speech compiled with DECTALK support. You'll probably have to specify it
as a ./configure option. Try ./configure --help to find it, unless someone
else on the list who has actually done this provides the details first, of
course.

You'll probably have to install Gnome-related development packages to compile
gnome-speech, but the ./configure script should inform you about any missing
library headers.