[orca-list] Installing dectalk with Orca

Hello,
I'm a newbie to the Linux desktop having worked with commandline and
servers, I've got a new Ubuntu 8.04 desktop, actually it's running in a
vmware virtual machine and was installed without any sighted assistance.
That was great!
I would like to get an alternative synth aside from Espeak, I've got
dectalk, and am going to compile it in, I was then wondering what orca
dependencies were needed to have it recognized?
Thanks.
Dave.