From: Darragh [mailto:lists digitaldarragh com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 2:26 PM
To: Robin Kipp; orca-list gnome org
Subject: RE: [orca-list] VmWare questions

Hello,

Yes. MWare works really well with Jaws.
There are plenty of hot keys for b oot, restart, power off etc.

To set focus to your running installation press control g.
To return to windows, press control and alt.

Jaws automatically reads the tool tips in VMWare so it will
report that you are either in the virtual machine or in the
host operating system depending on what your doing.

The system including Orca, BrlTTY etc depending on what your
using works as if it was installed on a dedicated computer.
The advantage is that VMware removes the need to set up
modules to make your hardware work so for a new user I would
actually say that VMWare is a really good starting point.

Enjoy.

Darragh

Darragh Ó Héiligh
Experienced Web development, Linux / Windows Workstation and
server support, Assistive technology support and consultancy.
Website:  http://www.digitaldarragh.com