Re: [orca-list] brltty question

am Fr 25. Apr 2008 um 09:14:58 schrieb Jann Schneider <schneider_jann yahoo de>:
Hello,

I just re-added the startup links for brltty and the service seems to
start now. But still I get nothing on the braille display after log in.

It seems to be a problem with the configuration, perhaps
in /etc/brltty.conf?
I think, it doesn't get the right device. If I start brltty with orca
and using the terminal I can only start it by passing '-d ttyUSB0' to
it. And after doing that I have 2 entries named brltty when i call 'ps
-A' as root ...

But I've allready tried several formats to put this value in
my /etc/brltty.conf. None ofthem worked...

braille-device  ttyUSB0
or
braille-device  /dev/ttyUSB0
Delete what's written there and replace it by one of that entries.

Can anyone tell me the right format for the device ttyUSB0, please. I've
also tried to let brltty find it automatically - same result.

Only USB is detected automatically (no USB2Serial).
Hermann