Re: [orca-list] brltty question

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Jann Schneider wrote:

My question now is, how can I get brltty started at boot time
automatically?

Personally, I place a call to brltty in /etc/init.d/rcS

Do you currently have braille working? Like can you start brltty from a console for example and read the screen?
brltty -b braille_driver_two-letter-code -d device -t braille_table
device is the port.

I believe if it is usb
brltty
with no args should get it working otherwise.
Try using the -b option and if that fails then also add -d...

Before trying to auto-start it make sure it is working properly.
Once you know how to set it up its a good idea to look at /etc/brltty.conf and add your driver calls and settings in there...

Cheers

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/