Re: [orca-list] math

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 19:44 -0400, Herzog wrote:
The Mathematics is not discussed, but I find OpenOffice Spreadsheets
read very well, and complete; for the simple money - math I use it for.  Wil

Open office spread sheets are slightly different to equations in open
office writer. In a spread sheet the formula can be represented as plain
text, and so at the moment we should expect open office spread sheet to
read well, which by the sound of it orca does. In open office writer,
equations are objects inserted in to the document, and may contain
notation much more complicated to that of a spread sheet formula (I mean
it contains visual layout, extra symbols, etc) and this type of
information is currently very hard/isn't possible to provide through
accessible APIs, so equations in writer should be considered differently
(it would be nice to have the support but it isn't really going to be
there at the moment).