Re: [orca-list] Connecting braille display

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 09:07:54PM +0200, Daniel K. Gartmann wrote:

I am trying to connect my Handy Tech Braille Wave via the usb port using the
adapter from serial to usb, but with no success. Nothing happens on the
braille system.

Did you specify the correct serial port when you configured BRLTTY?

For example, in /etc/brltty.conf you'll need a line such as
braille-device serial:ttyusb0

If you check the kernel logs you should be able to confirm that the USB to
serial adapter was detected and which port it was assigned to. This is usually
/dev/ttyUSB0.

Also, I am not sure whether your particular display is well supported by
BRLTTY; if you have further problems I would suggest taking this up on the
BRLTTY mailing list. See http://www.mielke.cc/brltty/