Re: [orca-list] updating orca

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Joe Quinn wrote:

how does one update orca from within ubuntu 8.04? apt-get update gnome-orca? I'm not really sure... Thanks...
I wanna go from the rc3 release of orca to the 2.23 version...

Update does not take any arguments, so that is not a legal command.
You could update it with apt, but if you want the absalute latest stuff, build from source.

do I need to install subversion?

Yes, if you check projects out from svn.
So if you choose to build orca from source for the latest stuff
apt-get install subversion
Its a version control system...

Then just follow the instructions on the site.

also, on a totally unrelated topic, ahs anyone ever installed/used asterisk, in ubuntu?

No, sorry. What's that?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/