Re: [orca-list] firefox - responsiveness and youtube accessibility

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 04:50:00PM +1000, Jason White wrote:

It will be better. I have a 1.8ghz laptop with 1gb RAM and it's quite
responsive.

If I run Orca, navigate the desktop, start gnome-terminal and check the CPU
speed of the laptop, I find that it remains at 800mhz, which is the slowest
setting.

I am using CPU frequency scaling, and have chosen the "on demand" governor,
which varies the CPU speed according to the current load. Sometimes in
Firefox, it moves up to 1.6ghz, still less than the 1.8ghz maximum.