Re: [orca-list] firefox - responsiveness and youtube accessibility

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 02:43:35PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:

I find that firefox doesn't respond very quickly to a key press. Eg. tab,
h for heading or insert + left/right.
Is this because I only have a 800 mhz machine with 256 mb ram or because
orca has problems?

It is because you have insufficient RAM and a slow CPU in that machine.

I remember trying to run Gnome a few years ago on a machine with 256mb RAM,
and it was using swap space so intensively that everything was very slow and
unresponsive.

It's time for a hardware upgrade. Seriously, trying to run Gnome, Orca and
Firefox with 256mb RAM isn't going to work reliably.