Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

am Do 10. Apr 2008 um 21:15:20 schrieb Halim Sahin <halim sahin t-online de>:
Have you experimented with PulseAudio yet?
Yes, but only with speech-dispatcher.

Can you please tell me howto use pulseaudio with viavoice under gnome-speech?

It's implemented in Hardy, but I don't know how they've set it up. Since
Gnome-Speech cannot use Alsa due to the lack of stability in
libportaudio0.19, it used to output the sound via OSS. I think the
Gnome/Ubuntu team must have managed to set up Pulseaudio as the main sound
device of the system; but I don't know how they did that.
Anyway, it seems to work pretty stable in Hardy.
Hermann