Re: [orca-list] punctuation pronunciation and pauses

This is incourging news indeed; thanks.  Yeah, I have an SBlive card
plus I do have a separate internal sound card if I want to go that
way.  All I need do now is figure out how to get gnome-speech back:).
I guess when I set things up in the first place, I must have specified
something because I don't have a gnome-speak option even available in
my voice settings.  Maybe I need to get the separate modules or
something.  I'll have to take a look at the wiki pages for
gnome-speech; hopefully that should get me going there.  I'm looking
forward to hearing Cepstral Callie speak nice and smooth to me without
dropping out or hanging like the speech dispatcher generic driver
seems to do.  Also I compile my espeak from source and build my own
slackware packages so I always do it with portaudio 19.