Re: [orca-list] Skype's not accessible, but...

Hi,

On Di, Sep 04 2007, Christopher Gray wrote:

Is there an understanding of why Skype is so inaccessible on Linux?

Thats because Skype uses QT for the GUI, allthough QT-based GUIs aren't
accessible with screenreaders yet.

Is this something that can be addressed in time with Orca scripting?

Nope, no chance. You have to wait until QT4 apps are accessible with
orca at all.

My first guess is that the QT4 dependency could be a problem because
it seems to be related to KDE rather than Gnome?

No, it's related to QT rather than GTK.

cheers

  Henning

PS: I'm reading the mailing list, so Cc'ing me isn't necessary.