Re: [orca-list] Booting Ubuntu into Orca involves too muchcomplicatedkey-sequence (F5, Down, Down, Down, Enter)

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 10:11:36PM +0100, Darragh wrote:
We must also remember that we are only a small minority of users of this distribution.  Remember, the
developers have already done a lot to assure we have fantastic access to this.  Let???s not push too far
though.

IMHO any add-on who doesn't prohibit, disadvantage, disturb any action from
sighted persons but increases accessibiolity, simpleness, efficiency for the
minority we are, might be added asap.

I???m not saying your ideas aren???t very valid however, at this stage, access to the installation is very
possible.  Turn on the PC, wait for a few moments or listen for inactivity, press f5, pres 3 then enter
twice.  It???s really not rocket science.  Remember, we???ve come a long way in terms of access to Linux
but there???s still a lot to do.  Let???s prioritise our battles a bit more.  The most current thread in
relation to gnome speech is a perfect example.  Let???s work on getting access to the best sound output
source as we can.  Let developers consintrate on one issue at a time.

Think always that there are newcomers to Gnu/Linux / to Orca, so IMHO all
that looks like an extra can be very useful for that portion of users.

Y P