Re: [orca-list] Current Status of Braille Support

I would add to the list of distros which seem to be working well,
Slackware. Unfortunately Slackware doesn't come with gnome by default,
but there are some gnome distributions for Slackware. I use gnome slacky
from www.slacky.eu (or for those who only speak english, me included,
http://www.slacky.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2475
which is an english translation). Note: I think the brltty 3.8 package
for Slackware does not include the python bindings which I think orca
needs, basically uninstall the brltty package and compile from source,
not very painful.

If you are familiar with redhat ways, then fedora is probably going to
be more to your liking. I've tried a few distros, and for some reason
Slackware is the one I keep coming back to.

From
Michael Whapples