Re: [orca-list] possible bug in say all.

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 15:44 -0500, Willie Walker wrote:
Does it happen every time?  I just had SayAll read about 10 minutes
worth of ChangeLog using Orca from SVN trunk (svnversion 3231) and it
didn't seem to stop.  I was using FreeTTS on Solaris Express Community
Edition b76 (GNOME 2.20.0).

I'm using ESpeak with Ubuntu 7.10 here.

I wonder if your TTS engine might be choking as the result of getting
some strange sequence of characters that turn into a TTS engine command?
  If you poke at it more, are you able to make the behavior predictable
(i.e., does it happen in the same spot every time)?

It's very intermittent.  It happened a few times this morning while
reading through mail in evolution.
Of course, I could try to read over the same messages now and it may not
happen.

I've also found that for some reason, Orca doesn't always speak the
first line of a message when reading a message in both it's own window
and the preview control below the message list.  Sometimes, using a say
all reads from the start of the message but it's not dependable.

Thanks