Re: [orca-list] an interesting hint to solve the stuttering problemof orca.

hello,
if port audio is the problem then it could be rather easy since
fingers have already been pointed towards wave.cpp and also a hint to
where the problem lies.
however will it not be better to create a sd driver so that
speech-dispatcher becomes the difacto standard?  I am aware that sd
communicates through alsa and that's where the smoothness and the
better sound quality comes I suppose.
and one more aspect.  I used sd and then played mp3 files with xmms
which has similar interface to winamp on windows.
I could continue to run orca while the musick was playing.
I would therefore be more intrested in driver for sd so that we all
get a better solution.
Can some one give me a starting point on this?
regards,
Krishnakant.

On 19/05/07, Gilles Casse <gcasse oralux org> wrote:
Michael Whapples wrote:
> If its espeak, then portaudio is doing the audio work with the sound card
> drivers, does the situation improve with either portaudio v18 or v19?
Note:
> to use espeak with the other version of portaudio then you need to compile
> espeak with the appropriate header file to connect to portaudio.

The stuttering will be also probably noticed by the emacspeak users
using espeak: the espeak speech driver for emacspeak relies on espeak +
PortAudio today.
I am stuck with the Voxin website at the moment. I will try to help on
this issue next week but can't pursue on June.
This could be an issue related to the PortAudio constants set up in the
wave.cpp file in eSpeak.
Best regards,
Gilles

--