[orca-list] tried to change parameters for sd and orca crashed.

hello,
as suggested I added the line for changing punctuation.
I added punctuationmode=-k and saved the conf file.
but now orca fails to start while using sd.
by the way, I added mkdir and chown lines in
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher as suggested on this list.  now the
problem with sd is very strange for startup.
when I execute sudo /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher start, it says can't
create directory /var/run/speech-dispatcher, directory already exists.
and the same problem of "can't start speech-dispatcher, can't create
pid file, wrong permissions".
now please suggest me what are other possibilities.
regards,
Krishnakant.