[orca-list] SD crashes was Re: one major question about speech...

Hi Tomas,
it happened again, and I found out, that mplayer was trying to play that
notify file.
Killing it didn't solve the problem, my sound device stayed down till
reboot.
What I observed was a kind of stuttering of the wave file: There were
breaks in playing it.
I cannot understand why such a silly jingle causes that much trouble. I
think I turn it off.
Besides that: Why are such sounds not played by aplay or play? Totem and
Mplayer are designed to play music, videos etc.
Hermann