Re: [orca-list] one major question about speach still can't be answered.

Hi,
I can confirm the crash, but in my case not Orca causes it, but SD.
/var/log/speech-dispatcher/espeak.log
contains lines like
underrun! xxxxx ms etc.
The most annoying thing is that I can't restart SD, except with rebooting my
machine.
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher resart
reports that SD has been restarted, but
spd-say "hello"
does not say a word, but produces no error message.
Killing and restarting Orca does not change anything.
Note: I experienced this also in brltty when starting with SD a speech
output: SD crashes and can't be restored unless rebooting.
So repeated rebooting of the computer seems not only a Windows typical
necessity.
The crash in Orc happens often when an E-Mail arrives in Evolution, and a
sound is played. I think SD uses Alsa, that handles multiple sound events;
does it really?
As Halim reported the fix works, and I don't have the issue of not properly
closing the dialog. Which Python errors do appear?
Note: You must configure the speech settings (volume, rate pitch) in the SD
config files:
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf
and
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf
Hermann