Re: [orca-list] one major question about speach still can't be answered.

Hello Tomas,
we are moving forward:
I can reproduce the crash: It happens when I play the notify.wav file,
that's the one when an e-mail arrives. It happens also when I play that
file with Totem without having started Evolution. It's the file used by
Windows.
It is indeed no SD problem, the whole sound system is down after that.
Neither
alsactl restore
nore
aumix -L
solve the problem. I have no idea what this damned file did to my sound
device. Are there known issues of playing jinlge wave files with Linux? I
suspect "no".
Note: It happens only when SD is active and used by Orca. It never happened
when using Orca with Gnome-speech.
Hermann