Re: [orca-list] interesting performance with speech-dispatcher and orca.

Hi Jan and all,
I'm absolutely sorry to say that the risk is very high!
I followed Tomas' suggestion and startet orca -t. Everythng seems to be
right, until I restart Orca on the desktop. I was presented the startup
window, but I have to press the preferences button twice to open the
dialog. Although I didn't choose SD it is still the speech system, and
changing it results in the same error, I cannot clos the dilaog.
So I stopped SD and redid the setup. Everything seems fine, till I restart
Orca on the desktop. Orca does not speak anymore, and it is impossible to
choose a synth voice, I get the word "menu" and can't choose anything. This
happens also when I choose Festival as a synth which has only one voice.
So in the end everthing's broken, and I have no idea to get it back to
work, congratulation!
So the 1 million dollar question: What to do?
Don't worry, be happy! And have a very nice day!
Hermann