Re: [orca-list] Position of state vs. label for checkboxes (was Re: progress of progress bars is not reported., is it a known thing?)

hi will,
what kind of grammer were you talking about?
I studied emacspeak closely, and the best thing I liked ahout it was
that it had its own grammer to represent things in a structured
manner.
If you are talking about some specific terminology, then you can
expect a lot of help from me.  although we should not go to the extent
of emacspeak, we can surely define some good grammer and way things
get represented.
right now it is good enough although and my personal openion is that
we must concentrate on the web accessibility more and I think jonie is
doing a great job.
second thing which must be on priority is the psynaptic package
manager's accessibility.
there was one more strange thing I observed.
some times terminal does not report any thing while I am typing.
I have the key echo set to word so after pressing the space bar it
should read the word thus typed.
I have done athorrow test of firefox 3 nightly build which I
downloaded on 19th of app and still using.  is there any improvement
on the accessibility?
for example in gmail, when I press tab and then t to get to the table
containing a message, screen reader gets out of control when I hit the
row containing the reply and reply all links.  I developed a technique
to get around this.
when I hit that row I hear reply and then quickly press the control
key to stop orca from speaking.  then I press the down arrow and then
read all.
this happens in many web pages having tables.  further more, flat
review (may be I am not getting into it properly ) does not picturise
the web page properly.
thirdly, when I press ctrl + home, the focus does not go to the top of the page.
one more problem, if I am reading some code on line and suddenly
decide to go word by word, the screen reader reads some thing totally
different in some other part of the web page.
this happens even with move by character.
I some times even loos my position completely.
and last thing, I still can't find any answer to my question about
tables in open office word processor.
regards,
Krishnakant.