Re: [orca-list] orca response

Hi Christ,

Hello,
I've just begun to test with orca. One of the first things I've noticed is slow response. The only place where response is good is in teh orca preferences screen. However, bringing up this screen takes maybe 15 seconds, and quitting with escape take a long time before orca acknowledges with speech or braille.

Can you give us more information please?

1/ What version of Orca are you running?
2/ What version of Ubuntu are you running?
3/ Which speech synthesizer are you running?
4/ What sort of PC are you running on?
  Processor speed? Amount of memory?

Thanks.