Re: [orca-list] orca response

Rich, see below.
I'll keeping working on it to see whether something else may be
contributing to the sluggishness.
Chris
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 09:35:47AM -0700, Rich
Burridge wrote:
Hi Christ,

Hello,
I've just begun to test with orca.  One of the first things I've noticed
is slow response.  The only place where response is good is in teh orca
preferences screen.  However, bringing up this screen takes maybe 15
seconds, and quitting with escape take a long time before orca
acknowledges with speech or braille.

Can you give us more information please?

1/ What version of Orca are you running?
trunk from 3/16
2/ What version of Ubuntu are you running?
feisty: most of the gnome packages are 2.18 versions.
3/ Which speech synthesizer are you running?
espeak. I'm also running brltty8-dev
4/ What sort of PC are you running on?
amd duron 1.4ghz  512mb memory.  Maybe  some additional ram might help.
  Processor speed? Amount of memory?

Thanks.