[orca-list] orca response

Hello,
I've just begun to test with orca.  One of the first things I've noticed
is slow response.  The only place where response is good is in teh orca
preferences screen.  However, bringing up this screen takes maybe 15
seconds, and quitting with escape take a long time before orca
acknowledges with speech or braille.

I'm not sure that my installation of ubuntu is complete.  I see a
suspicious "anykey" line in my .xsession-errors file appearing hundreds
of times.  I suspect that this is not normal but would like confirmation
from some of the other testers.  You should have a .xsession-errors file
in your home directory.

Thanks
Chris