Re: [orca-list] trouble running Orca

This error really means that the Orca process cannot get to the X
Windows System server.  The main check for doing this in the Orca code
is around line 1314 in orca.py:

   gtk.gdk.display_get_default()

You might try running the following via Alt+F2 to see what happens:

    python -c "import gtk; gtk.gdk.display_get_default()"

I'm not sure if you'll get an error, but this might be worth a shot.
Or, you might try changing the 'pass' at line 1317 in orca.py to:

    debug.printException(debug.LEVEL_OFF)

Finally, maybe trying doing something such as "xhost +" in a terminal
window.  This will disable a lot of security stuff, which might be
getting in the way.

Will