Re: [orca-list] Firefox Weirdness

Hi Justin,
first: Why the command "script"? It prints your session, so maybe this
could confuse Orca's behavior.
When you install Orca as user, do the following commands:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/<path>
(you should check before where Orca is installed by typing
whereis orca)
Then:
make
sudo make install
Maybe you didn't install Orca correctly.
When starting Firefox, you can press F7 as Krister recommended, however the
Orca control over the cursor is default since Orca 2.19 or so.
Pressing tab once is needed sometimes.
I think you got it right when stating that Orca is something in between
Jaws and Voiceover (although I don't know anything about Mac and
Voiceover). But when you read an article in a newspaper, you indeed get
focus to the text, and the surroundings were ignored. So its not the
original layout. A real original layout you get presented when using text
browsers, such as w3m, links and lynx.
And one word about Orca's behavior in FF: It seems that it's sometimes not
predictable, at least since revision 2438. I remember my questions about
Orca's behavior in the find bar a few days ago.
We should remember that Orca's accessibility mechanism for FF is still
under development, and the same is true for FF; it is in its alpha state.
Hermann