Re: [orca-list] Firefox Weirdness

Hello

Well at any rate I have something else.  When I go to www.washingtonpost.com and click on the article entiteled something like "why they can't join the ranks" about soldiers being refused in the american army.  I go into that, and find the print this article link, it loads the page and reads across the first row of links.  That is all.  When I try to move up and down with the arrow keys, nothing happens.  When I try to press orca keys "h" "V" "u" etc for headings and links, nothing.

I can definitely understand wanting to preserve the sight's structure.  Voiceover for mac os x does exactly that with its groups mode function, but voiceover allows you to move around the page more freely, giving respect to its structure.  You can move your cursor left, right, up and down and skip whatever parts of text you feel like.  It does not have any header finding keys.  Other keys that allow you to find forms, and links, are not parts of voiceover but they do work.

Orca has its own keys for all of this, and it only seems to want to allow me to move down the page.  It seems to be in between wanting to be a screenreader that reproduces the structure of the web page and a screenreader that simply builds it in a continuous string of elements like jaws.

Justin Harford

"A man's memory is bound to be a distortion of his past in accordance with his present interests, and the most faithful autobiography is likely to mirror less what a man was than what he has become."

Fawn M. Brodie