Re: [orca-list] Speech Dispatcher 0.6.4 beta1 -- request for help with testing

Mike Pedersen wrote:
Oops I forgot about sd-python but I've now installed it.  I'm currently
at the point where I can send text to SD and get speech if I manually
start speech-dispatcher.  I can only do this by using spd-say though.  I
still do not see speech-dispatcher's backend in my list of speech
servers in orca. I am of course using orca from svn trunk. This is on an ubuntu feisty which is fully up to date.

Hi Mike,

When you invoke python and call 'import speechd', does that work? If yes, do you see any suspicious messages when you run Orca from terminal with debug level LEVEL_CONFIGURATION?

I've been just playing with SD on Ubuntu and I managed to hack the startup script to run the CVS version. I'll add a short howto to the Orca wiki.

Best regards, Tomas