Re: Orca Translation questions

Hi list!

Orca relies upon underlying speech synthesis engines to speak the language of the user. We have German users of Orca, but I'm not sure if they are using German or English speech synthesis. We also have Spanish users, and I know they use Orca effectively in Spanish (I witnessed it first hand at Software Libre this month :-)). I recall users from other locales reporting success in their native language, but I cannot remember the specifics.

Hehe, there is actually a spanish voice. It's useful but too old now, and too "plain". There are people working in a new voice, spanish male and female for festival... I don't know if there is a german voice or not, but seeing the Free Software iniciatives out there, it wouldn't be strange :)

(1) There are some strings from ../src/orca/orca_gui_prefs.py like
translated or if there are just technical constants or handles.

We just had a discussion about this, and we agree these should be removed. My apologies!

Ouch! I see... let's take them away!! :)

Bye!

Jorge.