Orca Thunderbird was: [Fwd: Announcing v2.17.92]

Hello all,
in the announcement statement of version 2.17.92, the mailclient
Thunderbird was mentioned.
Last weekend I tested the latest 3.0a1, and I found it hardly usable and
only partial accessible.
It was not possible to read the message list, speech and braille showed
only "cell" insted of announcing the headlines of the message.
When I opened a message and then switching on caret browsing, it was
readable, however crashed Thunderbird every time I closed it; this was
reproducable. That famous Quality Feedback Agent appeared, and I had to
close it by typing
killall talkback
in a text terminal.
I saw that the last nightly build is from the 6th of February, while the
Windows and Mac versions show the actual date. Does the Mozilla team
continue developing the Linux version of Thunderbird, or do they advise
Linux users to stick to Evolution?
Regards
Hermann