Re: [orca-list] problem with brltty and Open Solaris

Hello,
To explain about the key file for authentication, you just need a
file /etc/brlapi.key which just needs some contents. Now all you need to
do is change the permissions to allow only the users you wish to use
brltty's api (brlapi). For example if you only want some people to
access it, create a group "brltty" and change the group
of /etc/brlapi.key to "brltty", change the permissions to -rw-r----- and
add the users who should be able to use it to the group "brltty". If you
should want to let anyone access it, set the permissions to -rw-r--r--.

As others have said, if you get some message (even if it is not the text
from the screen) appear on your braille display then brltty is running
and it is problems with orca successfully using brltty through brlapi.
If you got no error with your python command to import brlapi python
bindings then it is going to be a problem with the authentication and if
you follow the above (or tell brltty not to use any authentication) then
it should work.

From
Michael Whapples