Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 crashing

On Sa, Aug 18, 2007 at 03:58:05 -0400, Guy Schlosser wrote:
The problem I'm finding is that when I do a lot of quick
navigation around the desktop, with the orca keys, or typing in an
E-mail or IM window, speech-dispatcher suddenly drops off.  The
system itself is not locked up, because I can use memorized
keystrokes to restart the system and regain speech.

It should be enough to restart just Speech Dispatcher.  Orca will now
recover gracefully with the latest version of SD backend, so just typing:

/etc/init.d/speech-dispetcher restart

should bring your speech back, while all your work stays where it was
before the crash.

Halim Sahin:
try to uninstall python-speechd.  Then install it from your cvs snapshot.

Well. I don't think this will help.

If you could send the information Lukas asked you, that might help to
find the problem.  Thank you for cooperation.

Best regards

Tomas