Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 crashing

Hi,
try to uninstall python-speechd.
Then install it from your cvs snapshot.

cd speechd/src/python
make install
HTH.
Halim

On Sa, Aug 18, 2007 at 03:58:05 -0400, Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hi all, has anyone noticed any crashes with speech-dispatcher
0.6.4?  I started noticing it a couple weeks ago, when I got it
running on my laptop with ibmtts.  I am now running the latest CVS
snapshot, Espeak 1.28, and Orca 2.19.91 pre that I updated on
Tuesday.  The problem I'm finding is that when I do a lot of quick
navigation around the desktop, with the orca keys, or typing in an
E-mail or IM window, speech-dispatcher suddenly drops off.  The
system itself is not locked up, because I can use memorized
keystrokes to restart the system and regain speech.  Has anyone been
able to work around this yet?  If so, any help as always would be
greatly appreciated.  I also forgot to mention, I am running Alsa
1.0.14, and have compiled S-d with alsa support.

Thanks in advance,

Guy