Re: [orca-list] Internet accessibility was: Re: form field structural

Hi Krishnakant.

if browsers can provide certain ctutial features like links list and
frames list then firstly, the job of the screen reader developers will
be at least some what relaxed because it is a very donting task
indeed.  secondly all screen readers will be able to take advantage of
that feature.

Exactly!  That is why we're very hopeful that the Firefox Accessibility
Extension will be updated to work with Firefox 3 soon.   Currently it is
only compatible with Firefox 1.5 - 2.0.  The Orca team had a conference
call with the developers of the extension a few weeks ago, and the
impression that I personally got is that compatibility with 3.0 is
definitely on their to-do list.

This extension includes navigation by:

* Headings
* Menu/Nav Bar
* Image maps
* Links
* Forms
* Data Tables
* Language Changes
* Frames
* Items with Access Keys

In addition, you can use it to turn off CSS on a page.  This feature
comes in handy when a style sheet impacts the accessibility of a page --
which, unfortunately, it sometimes does. :-(

Information can be found here:

Take care.
Joanie