Re: [orca-list] An Orca problem.

Hay Rich,

thanks for your response.

No. there's nothing new running on the desktop.

Any suggestions?

On 25/04/07, Rich Burridge <Rich Burridge sun com> wrote:
Hi Darragh,

> I've sent the debug.out file now.  Sorry it took me a while.  It's slow
> when Orca stops after a few minutes.
>
> Thanks for your help with this.

Well I'm not sure how much help I'm going to be. I looked at the
debug.out file and the only anomaly that I can see is a couple
occurances of a COMM_FAILURE Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/default.py", line
4916, in getKnownApplications
    acc = registry.desktop.getChildAtIndex(i)
COMM_FAILURE

as it's going through all the applications that the accessibility
registry contains.

I'm not sure what that application is, but it seems okay with
the following applications:

Finding app for source.name='orca'
Accessible app for 'orca' is 'orca'
Finding app for source.name='evolution'
Accessible app for 'evolution' is 'evolution'
Finding app for source.name='gnome-terminal'
Accessible app for 'gnome-terminal' is 'gnome-terminal'
Finding app for source.name='nautilus'
Accessible app for 'nautilus' is 'nautilus'
Finding app for source.name='gnome-panel'
Accessible app for 'gnome-panel' is 'gnome-panel'

Is there something else running on your desktop?
If so, that's what might be causing the problem.

But it's only a guess at this point.