Re: [orca-list] An Orca problem.

Good morning.

Yes.  The problem returns when I reboot and try Orca again.

Maybe it could be possible to add an easier way to debug Orca problems
in a future release?

Thanks.

On 23/04/07, Rich Burridge <Rich Burridge sun com> wrote:
Hi Darragh,

> I ran Orca from a terminal last time and it gave me this following
> error.  It doesn't really say much though.
> Orca watchdog detected something bad. Cleaning up.

When Orca starts up, it fires off a separate process that
tries to detect that Orca is still alive. That process does:

wget -q -t 0 -O /dev/null -w 2 "http://localhost:20433";

If it doesn't get back a good healthy ping! it assumes Orca
has gone belly up and had died and tries to cleanup.

You're right. This really doesn't help get to the bottom of
why Orca isn't working for you.

If you reboot the machine, and relogin in, do you get the same
problem?

I would suggest trying to rerun Orca with full debugging
turned on, but I'm not sure how easy that is for you to setup
if Orca isn't running (catch-22).