Re: [orca-list] An Orca problem.

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 07:20 -0700, Rich Burridge wrote:
Hi Darragh,
There's a fairly easy way to debug Orca now, but I'm not sure
you can do it if Orca is not running for you. Do you have other
Linux AT technology installed like yasr, or speakup that
can help you here?

Anyhoo, here's what you would need to do:

Under your home directory, there is a .orca sub-directory.
Under there, is a file called user-settings.py
In that file, you will need to uncomment three lines:

orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_ALL

orca.debug.eventDebugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_OFF

orca.debug.debugFile = open('debug.out', 'w', 0)

For me, these are at lines 31, 33 and 41 respectively.

Then change directories to your home directory and
start Orca. Whilst Orca is running, numerous debug
messages are being written to a file called debug.out
in your home directory.

If you'd like to send me that debug.out file, we can
investigate this further.

Thanks.

Good morning.

I've sent the debug.out file now.  Sorry it took me a while.  It's slow
when Orca stops after a few minutes.

Thanks for your help with this.