Re: Orca free text-to-speech engines for ?

Hi,
everything seems to work correctly, except Orca doesn't say a word.
I followed Tomas' wiki, and speech-dispatcher appears in the Orca
preferences dialog. I can choose a voice too. When I press the aply
button, Orca is silent.
Booting my system results in loosing brltty, which I included in the
startup process.
Setting preferences back to Festival restores everything including
brltty.
There's no such command as
sd-say
so I can't set up speech-dispatcher as Ricky suggested.
What's wrong?
Hermann