Re: Orca free text-to-speech engines for orca?

Hi,

Aruni Sharma wrote:
So I would like to explore using some other text-to-speech engines which are free before I switch over to some paid one like dectalk. Please suggest some good software synthesizer and also ways to configure it with orca.

Unfortunately, there is no such text to speech engine out there that is both free and is good. There are the Festival based tts engines like festival, flite, and FreeTTS, but in my opinion the voices are terrible and performence is sluggish and slow at best. Even the higher-quality ones like Dectalk and so on can be sluggish as well, but the voices are superior.