Orca orca working with edgy but a few questions

I think I have now got Orca working with Edgy.
It was someone's suggestion by running Orca from within Ubuntu Live rather than trying to press F5 and 3 at the boot prompt that has finally sorted out my frustrating problem of not getting speech.
However I am a bit confused about the questions Orca asks during setup.
It is all the 3 questions on keys which puzzles me, the question about modifyers, action keys and I think function keys, I said know to the Braille options as I don't have a Braille display and I said "y" to the first few questions about punctuation echo and word echo. If you are on a desktop do you have to say "y" to all these options or are some of those questions for laptop keystrokes so do I have to say "n" for any of these? I ask because after I have finished setup I can't seem to be able to access the menus with speech so I don't know if I am accepting or rejecting the wrong choices on my desktop or if I really need to log out like I would if I were running a permanent installation of Ubuntu.
Could anyone possibly give me advice?
I am not doing a full installation on my desktop as yet as I am not sure of my disk layout, may at some point do a full installation on my laptop which has Dapper Drake but I need to be aware of what options I need to pick when it comes to the questions about the keys.