Re: Orca on laptops.

Thanks Will. That clarifies things somewhat - we're using the term "modifier key" differently. Maybe I'll contact you offlist for info on the internal details.

So does that basically mean this whole discussion of orca on laptops is moot, or at least addressed fully via orca.settings.orcaModifierKeys (possibly with a UI for changing it easily) ?

Bill

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi All:

I don't think there's a need to map an existing X modifier to the Orca
modifier.  Orca invents its own modifier internally and allows any key
to act as the Orca modifier.  That's why Insert and KP_Insert can act as
the Orca modifier key.  As such, I'm not sure "which modifier" is an
important discussion to have.

Will