Re: Orca on laptops.

Luke Yelavich wrote:
In Windows, Jaws manages to prevent the capslock key from being latched or unlatched. To latch/unlatch, you press shift + Capslock, or press capslock twice quickly.
I see. I expect that would be a hazardous and/or fragile thing to attempt on X, especially if, as I believe, the latching behavior is a hardware feature on some (most?) keyboards. On Windows you could circumvent this by meddling with the keyboard drivers, but I think we want to avoid getting that intrusive. So we should probably consider CapsLock to be an always-latching key, IMO.

Bill