Re: Orca on laptops.

Bill Haneman:
I see.  I expect that would be a hazardous and/or fragile thing to
attempt on X, especially if, as I believe, the latching behavior is a
hardware feature on some (most?) keyboards.

Hello, I'm using CapsLock as another Ctrl key.  It is configurable
through Gnome keyboard properties dialog (before it was there I used a
modified xkb layout to achieve that).  Without any deeper knowledge, I'd
assume that this is not a hardware feature, when one is able to remap
the key easily.  Just a hint... Best regards, Tomas.