Re: Orca with Emacspeak Server? (patch)

Luke Yelavich writes ("Re: Orca with Emacspeak Server? (patch)"):
This patch looks like a bit of a dirty hack to me, as I would say that
To make this work properly, one would have to know about the voice
schema of Eflite, and write the appropriate files for orca to make it
work properly.

Well, this is really the same way emacspeak itself uses eflite at the
moment. eflite is specifically written to work with the dectalk driver
of emacspeak as far as I can tell. It will ignore any voice commands
it does not support. There is only one voice in eflite anyway. In that
sense, you could say that eflite itself is a bit of a hack, but it
does its jub. If flite should ever support more than one voice, you
can still give it its own module. Things flite does support like
speech rate and pitch work with the dectalk driver.

Best regards, Lukas