Re: Orca with Emacspeak Server? (patch)

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 05:13:57AM EST, Lukas Loehrer wrote:
Dave Hunt writes ("Orca  with Emacspeak Server?"):
I'm trying to run Orca on a machine running Free BSD and with to use
an emacspeak speech server Eflite instead of Festival.  I understand

You will need to apply the one line patch attached to this mail. It is
against the current orca cvs but it should work with earlier versions
too. Maybe, this patch could be included into orca.

This patch looks like a bit of a dirty hack to me, as I would say that
eflite has a different voice schema to dectalk, so you may have problems
using this.

To make this work properly, one would have to know about the voice
schema of Eflite, and write the appropriate files for orca to make it
work properly. I have every intension of doing the same thing for the
doubletalk server at some point.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE