Re: Orca with Emacspeak Server? (patch)

Dave Hunt writes ("Orca  with Emacspeak Server?"):
I'm trying to run Orca on a machine running Free BSD and with to use
an emacspeak speech server Eflite instead of Festival.  I understand

You will need to apply the one line patch attached to this mail. It is
against the current orca cvs but it should work with earlier versions
too. Maybe, this patch could be included into orca.

Then, put the following into ~/.orca/orca-customizations.py

import orca.espeechfactory
orca.settings.speechServerFactory = 'orca.espeechfactory'
orca.settings.speechServerInfo = ['eflite', 'eflite']
orca.espeechfactory.SpeechServer.location = "/usr/share/emacspeak/servers"
orca.espeechfactory.SpeechServer.config["rate"]= 35

The above assumes that emacspeak is installed under
/usr/share/emacspeak.

Then you will have to add a line that says "eflite" to the file
/usr/share/emacspeak/servers/.servers and create a link from
/usr/share/emacspeak/servers/eflite to /usr/bin/eflite or to where ever
you have eflite installed.

Restart orca and eflite should come up talking.

Best regards, Lukas