Orca urgent response needed! want some tips for a huge seminar.

hello all,
Installer of ubuntu 6.10 with the work around seams to be fine.
I barely got a chance to start the setup and my engineer
(ubfortunately ) came over and I gave him the laptop.
are there any issues with ubiquity when orca is running with orca --
no-setup command?
I herd previously that selecting time zone is a problem.
I am most interested in the latest status of open office accessibility.
I recall that the formatting options like toggling the bold etc.
buttons is not spoken.  I also remember that the last time I upgraded
openoffice about 20 days back, there was no change and no font
information was reported.
what is the current status in this regard?  I am doing a seminar for
some univercity and want them to adopt orca for the accessibility
needs for the blind students out there.
secondly do I need to upgrade orca itself?  I have the ubuntu 6.10
live cd and obviously the orca version on that cd must be older than
the current?
is it worth apt-get install orca for updating it?
thanks a lot,
Krishnakant.